Friday, August 15, 2008

Trying to paint

Morning all - as I said I'm trying to paint I have a whole pile of stuff trying to come out but it's just hard to focus on where to start (so I'm posting this instead) I've had sick kids who thankfully are perking up today, but it's very draining! So the dilemma I'm having is really about the form that my new project will take, it involves a rapidly growing number of quotes and so the debate rages inside me - do I make one enormous piece (which will definitely have wow power and keep viewers engaged)or should I have many smaller pieces (more possibilities for hanging, more chance to play and let ideas seperate and then join for the overall effect)It's a hard one. So is it really a dilemma or am I just procrastinating, which can be a tendancy of mine as has been proven in the past.
Besides all that as any other mother out there will know - when children have been ill, the demands grow (and rightly so noone wants to be crook!)And so you ask yourself why are you wasting time writing blogs when they're obviously occupying themselves now? The answer to that is easy - my kids are prolific painters, and completely interested in the whole process of creating and with just one little whiff of a painting in progress the questions begin. Now ordinarily I'm happy to chat away while I paint but today as I mentioned before, I'm drained and when I start to paint I don't think this morning is time for interuptions.
Well this isnt getting a darn thing done so I shall away to do........something. Something tells me it wont be painting not just yet anyway!

No comments: