Sunday, August 17, 2008

FIRST IN THE NEW SERIES OF PAINTINGS


So heres the first piece in my new series based on the viewpoints of children. It's possibly a work in progress but so far I think I'm happy with it. I'll look to expand on the series over the next week or so but with sick kids (still) and a need to go out and get more suitably sized canvas.....yeah so we'll see how it goes. I have so many ideas rumbling around that I've taken to carrying a pad and pencil with me - to the point of having it next to my bed at night. So many times I've thought of something, loved it, gone to paint it and yup you guessed it - lost it completely. Anyway just thought I'd get this up there - see what you think.

2 comments:

Sandra T said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. This is an interesting series - how wonderful to look at things from the point of view of children. I look forward to following your work. I really like the colour and texture detail happening - have taken a look at your work on NZAG too.

Marimba said...

Thankyou Sandra for your very kind comments - I'm definitely enjoying the series, full of surprises which keeps it fresh for me. I too have looked at your work and am particularly intrigued by your collage pieces, very captivating!